Sunday, July 19, 2009

Love and Marriage

Sunday Citar hosted by Fresh Mommy.

I've selected some funny quotes about love and marriage for this week's Sunday Citar because I believe that some of the best lessons can be learned through humor. It is the gift God gave us in order to survive the mundane, the painful, the boredom, the indifference, the consistencies, the predictable--I think you get the point...


I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her.
-Rodney Dangerfield

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.
-Rodney Dangerfield

Women don't want to hear what you think. Women want to hear what they think - in a deeper voice.
-Bill Cosby

The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband.
-Joan Rivers

To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer. Not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy, then, is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness.
(from Love and Death)
-Woody Allen


3 comments:

  1. These are great! I think that the Joan Rivers' one is my favorite:) Rodney was hilarious too! Terrific Sunday Citar Jillien!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quotes! I like the first one particularly!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!