Saturday, April 20, 2013

On Praying for a Miracle

If only you knew,
If only you could sense the trembling of my soul,
If only you could feel how my spirit shivers,
You would soon realize that it's all been a front,
A Smoke and Mirror expert
Trying to make you feel that I'm more confident than I really am.
Only the LORD knows.
He can feel the breath catch in my chest.
He can see through the mask.
And perhaps only He can bring relief.
So tonight I pray for a miracle, Dear Lord.
I beg you for forgiveness and favor
Both of which I do not deserve.
I wonder what lesson you are trying to teach.
Or maybe this is a form of punishment--
A divine reckoning for active sinning?
Perhaps those I love are suffering
For sins that I've committed?
What is it Lord?
What must I do to end this?
What can I do to have your heavy hand lifted?
Father, please be our guide and our rescue.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice comments on myquickfiction... I read through your posts a minute ago, and, I went wide-eyed, for I realized I had already read all of them a couple days ago. Would've let you know earlier that I enjoyed. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!