Monday, November 26, 2012

Homemade Baby Food


Let me start out by saying that I have been trying to make all of Maggie's baby food from home using organic or all natural ingredients. I haven't been as consistent as I wanted when I started this venture, but I feel like I'm finally getting my groove.

Anyway my friend Chrissy, fellow blogger and mommy of two, gave me this wonderful and EASY idea!

I milled some old fashioned oats (of which I always have in stock and in abundance!), milled it into a fine powder and cooked it till it was nice and smooth. (You can make bigger batch to reserv for other meals) I let it cool and mixed with apple sauce. VOILA!  A hearty, homemade, easy breakfast for my little peanut. And she LOVED it. I couldn't believe how much she ate.  This meal cost me pennies! I always have these ingredients on hand.


I also baked her a chicken dinner consisting of all organic chicken, potatoes, apples, herbs, lemons celery, carrots, and onion. But how in the world am I suppose to puree this!!!!! 

Anyway, once I've figured it out, I'll let you know how it went. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!