Saturday, November 10, 2012

GMO Corn, you son of a....!

For a latina who eats corn tortillas at almost every meal, the discovery that 198% of corn is genetically modified and is surely going to kill me slowly and painfully has me really reevaluating my life.

And it's not just my corn, but the sugar I use to sweeten my oatmeal, my cereal, my baked goods, my coffee, and tea.

The high fructose corn syrup in ALL of my prepackaged sweets and soft drinks.

My edamame.

My cereal.

My frozen veggies

My life has become genetically modified, and I am not pleased.

So I've adjusted by replacing all of my food with organic food that only cost 500x's more than conventional foods, but I feel is totally worth it because I'm paranoid that I'll grow a third arm due to the exorbitant quantity of corn tortillas I've ingested.

Add this to my all natural cleaners, my organic milk, organic cheese, organic eggs, organic flour, organic beans, organic butter, etc...
Because I'm eliminating rBGH, steroids, antibiotics, food coloring, waxes, pesticides, and Lord only knows what else!

It's just disgusting that one has to take so much care and spend so much money to get normal, natural produce. I mean what the hell!?!??!?!?

Anyway, here's a cool guide that you can print out and take to the grocery with you to help you avoid purchasing GMO food!
-->CLICK ME<-->

4 comments:

  1. I came to this site because I saw the strawberry photo. I'm a strawberry scientist that knows plant biology well, especially the GMO issues.

    Luckily, you have nothing to fear. Nobody has ever grown that third arm and there really are no risks associated with consumption of these foods. That's not what the kooky websites will tell you, but science has shown that this is good technology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin, first let me say how excited I am that the irrelevant photo of a strawberry instead of a more relevant corn got you here! It's really serendipitous that something as simple as a photo could lead you to my post!

      Also, I'm super interested in your insights of GMO. I am not an expert when it comes to these things, so I rely heavily on articles and new reports. The health columns on this subject are really scary. I see you're a blogger too, and I can't wait to read your posts.

      Thank you so much for caring enough to comment!

      Delete
  2. Having just gone through a college nutrition class and A&P phase 1 course, my professors are both disturbed by GMO's and would hugely applaud you. My Nutrition professor just came back from some meeting/convention/class talking about the latest findings. Ew. Aside from all of that, just the poor ethics of the companies themselves (Monsanto) is enough to turn me off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spirited,

      I've been looking into this subject for some months now, and I find my it very disturbing. I am so happy that students are being taught about the mistreatment of our animals and the manipulation of our produce. I really feel that there is enough public outcry and we as young people take a stand that change can truly happen.

      Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete

I love your comments!