Monday, March 22, 2010

"Sometimes we don't realize that God is all we need until God is all we have."

Our home is soon to be officially "on-the-market." The realtor came this weekend and dropped off the For Sale sign and took pictures of our home. We signed the contracts and handled all the legalities.... And now it is time to surrender the rest to God.

I have decided to have as much faith as I can muster. I have faith that He will provide for us the perfect buyer. I have faith that the future will be bearable. That whatever is in store will only make me stronger in my quest for Christ.

It is so hard not to be skeptical.  The homes in my neighborhood are selling for about 20,000$ LESS than what I purchased my home for originally. This is super duper stressful and disconcerting. But faith isn't faith until it is tested.
  Salvador DALÍ, The angel of Port Lligat 1952

Mark 11:22-24 (New King James Version)

22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.


Has anyone read The Secret?? Its all about believing in what you want and surely receiving it by your positive thinking. HmmmMmmm I guess that's not a very new idea but it is inspired. so AMEN! I'm having faith. 


Are there things in your life that are requiring you to surrender? Pray for positivity. Pray for success. The less doubt you have in the LORD, the more you will receive!!!





Psalm 23

A Psalm of David.
 1 The LORD is my shepherd;
         I shall not want.
 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
         He leads me beside the still waters.
 3 He restores my soul;
         He leads me in the paths of righteousness
         For His name’s sake.
      
 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
         I will fear no evil;
         For You are with me;
         Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
      
 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
         You anoint my head with oil;
         My cup runs over.
 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
         All the days of my life;
         And I will dwell[a] in the house of the LORD
         Forever.

5 comments:

  1. You go girl!! This is awesome, and so true! Walk out that faith... I can't wait to see the results. I know what you mean, our neighborhood is the same way, but God can always make something good come out of it!

    :)
    ~Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great Jillien! I love how you let your faith lead you through these moments in life. I'm going to follow your example :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to tell you that this comment comes from a person that has had her house on the market for a long time. I am LIVING it. But you are so right about God sustaining us. We have made it fine! Sure, we want our home to sell so that we can move forward, but all has been well.

    Jillien, He is just so good. Obviously, I don't have to tell you that but my witness is that in the middle of scary economic times, our family has had all that we need. He has sustained us! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u ladies for your positivity! I've been so torn between wanting my home to sell bit never really wanting to let it go. I appreciate the support and good witness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!