Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Surrender

Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)
 28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."


If you read my post yesterday, you know one piece of the whole crappy day.  But at the end of that day when my husband was settled down in front of our computer, after hearing and watching me cry all day, after reading my blog, after feeling his own sadness, he very wisely answered my questions. 


I asked what book will dry my tears. To which he responded, "The Bible, Jillien."


So I found the quote above and after reading it, I realized that it is in surrendering my earthly burdens that I can then take up his heavenly burden, which is always lighter than my own. I realized that I cannot control the actions of others nor can I control the emotions of others --not even my own child's.  


Having someone be mean to you when you thought him or her to be your best friend is a tough life lesson to experience at any age. Perhaps it was her youth that softened the blow.  I hope that in my own life I can be as innocent as my 3 year old. I hope that I can take meanness, ugliness, rejection as calmly and gracefully as a toddler.   


Isaiah 40:29-31 (NIV)

29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.





3 comments:

  1. beautiful post. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.... thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband was very wise in his suggestion. Hope you're feeling better today Jillien. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!