Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wanna know a secret?

target="_blank" title="Confessions from a Working Mom">
alt="Confessions from a Working Mom" / />

I've never decorated for Christmas. 

Even growing up, the house was never decorated for Christmas.  Most years my parents would just plug in this one-foot-tall fiber optic tree, and that would be it. Some years we would actually buy a tree, but our family has actually celebrated several Christmases with a "Christmas Branch" that my dad found in the yard.... yup.

I have a three year old, and this is perhaps the worst year to decide that THIS IS THE YEAR. I am GOING to decorate for Christmas. I will learn how to string lights on a tree. I will hang stockings. I will do it all. 

Last year after Christmas, I hit Walmart and bought lights and everything else I could get my hands on, but there were no ornaments, christmas cards, or trees. 

So I have been looking around for an affordable tree, for ornaments, and for someone to teach me how to do the whole thing! 

Anyways, I suppose I don't know when is a good time to start decorating, but I do know this is my year :)

8 comments:

  1. That is so exciting that you will be decorating for the first time! I hope you post lots and lots of pictures on here to share!

    I am also on the hunt for a new (pre-lit!) tree. I found a few at Walmart and Home Depot for under $100 bucks, which my mom tells me is a pretty good deal. It saves you the time of stringing lights, they're usually more energy efficient, and you don't have to bother buying lights either!

    ~Elizabeth
    http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have lots of fun decorating! It's all about what makes you smile. Your little one will appreciate all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, never decorated before. How sad. It's great that you are decorating for your little one this year. Are you getting a real tree or fake? I prefer real, but because we travel over Christmas, we got a fake one so we could leave it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to have so much fun. We begin decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Turkey Butt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your decorating! Your three-year old will have alot of fun.

    My problem is I hate the feel/texture of tinsel...to me it is the equivalent of running your nails down a chalkboard. The lights and everything else are glorious though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting!! You will have so much fun. It is worth all the hard work in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you'll have fun! I always want to decorate more. My hubby hates it because his father made him do so much decorating as a kid. I think my kids will love to pitch in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!