Sunday, March 01, 2009

4 years later

A while ago I had a falling out with one of my best friends. We hadn't spoken in almost 4 years!!!... until recently that is.

I don't know how, but we kind of reconnected and had been planning to meet and catch up on things. But plans kept getting derailed.

Well turns out that he was leaving for Malta (today actually), and last night was the ONLY time we could get together. I had some issues at home, which caused me to leave really late, and the plans we had changed accordingly.

Anyways here's the interesting part:

He's the same. He looks the same. He acts the same, although I'm sure he's matured in some ways, but overall he has the same personality!!  Funny thing is: he said the same about me!, which is WILD because so much in my life has changed since we last hung out.

We were 19 when we went our separate ways.  Now we're 23 year olds, college graduates, boyfriend, engineer, wife, mother, and LORD know how many other things.  But we picked up right where we left off.  I guess there's not much change from 19 to 23.  

I wonder what age it is that a person changes.  Like the age that one loses his or her silliness or goofiness.  Cause we're both still really freaking goofy!  

I always thought that 24 was the age that young people stopped associating you with them, and you've moved into Adulthood permanently.  And I'll be there in about 5 months!  24 seemed like a very adult age.   Will the transformation into stereotypical adulthood happen then?

Now looking at 24, it doesn't seem at all old.  I suppose its a gradual drift for most. But i've never done anything gradually, so you can imagine my curiosity as to when my life will suddenly change as it always has done in the past. 

1 comment:

  1. Wait until you're 30. Thirty was my awesomeness year. I loved being thirty. On growing up, I think in some areas you enter adulthood, i.e., being a parent, paying bills, etc., and then in some areas you are the forever child.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!